Saturday 28 August 2010

Mid Project Review

WWW

I looked at many interviews about the films I am looking at. Mainly Slumdog Millionaire, as there is little information about the others.

I have gained an understanding of how Chris Dickens thinks while editing, and his style of editing.

I have looked at a range of editing techiniques and identified the ones used by Chris Dickens.

I have watched Slumdog millionaire and Hot Fuzz to gain a deeper understanding of his editing style and its effect on the film.

EBI

I could have watched and analysed Shaun of the Dead.

I could have done a MIGRAIN analysis of the three films.

My thoughts:

I have been thinking that after watching Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead the editing style is very similar. However the editing style of Slumdong Millionaire is very different.

I have realsied this may be due to the fact Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are both directed by Edgar Wright.

I have thought maybe I should just focus on those two films. I could also further my idea by also looking at the fact both films are parodies of certain genres: Hot Fuzz parodies action films and Shaun of the Dead parodies horror films.

I believe that Dickens editing styles of these films are due to the fact they are parodies (the overagerated edititing in particular sound)

Therfore I could look at the genre conventions of horror and action and look at what conventions the two films have reinforced and challeneged.

This could make my final piece a film that parodies a genre with the editing style of Chris Dickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment