Sunday 1 August 2010

Change of mind...

After watching "The Aviator" I have decided to rethink my choice of editor. Firstly, I believe Powell's style of editing isn't very specific or distincive enough to appropriate her style. It seems that Scorcese's films rely in the camera work rather than the editing to create the unique style of film. The editing just carefully supports the unique camera work.

Therefore I have decided to look at a film where the editing style interests me. My first thought was Shaun of the Dead (Edgar Wright, 2004), as I like the use of editing and non-linear narrative to bring comic effect to the film.

I quickly researched the editior named Chris Dickens, and found he also edited Hot Fuzz (Edgar Wright, 2007) and Slumdog Millionaire (Danny Boyle, 2008), two films I very much like.

I still plan to have the same end result, where I create a short film or TV episode paying homage to his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment